The Green Deal Explained
The Government have announced a new scheme which will allow people to claim back money if they make energy-saving home improvements. As an example, this could mean 75% back of the cost of installing a solid wall insulation in your home worth up to £6k.
Further, you can get a total of £1,000 towards to the cost of installing any of the 2 of the following:
- a condensing gas boiler on mains gas
- double or triple glazing as a replacement for single glazing
- secondary glazing
- replacement doors
- cavity wall insulation
- floor insulation
- flat-roof insulation
- insulation for a room in the roof
- a replacement warm air unit
- replacement storage heaters
- flue gas heat recovery units
- a waste water heat recovery system
And you’ll get up to £500 more if you apply within 12 months of buying a home.
You can claim back up to £100 towards the cost of your Green Deal assessment if you install energy-saving improvements through the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund.
More detailed information can be found on: https://www.gov.uk/green-